The Namibian Correctional Services has announced the implementation of Community Service Orders, a non-custodial sentencing option in which an offender serves his or her sentence by performing a specified number of hours of unpaid community service. Speaking at a media conference on Friday at Mariental, NCS Commissioner-General Raphael Hamunyela said the option for sentencing is intended for offenders who have minor offenses and will be implemented in three Magistrates of Mariental, Malthahöhe, and Aronos. Hamunyela said the CSOs have the potential to save the government much-needed resources by lowering the costs of custodial care.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency