Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs spokesperson, Colonel Petrus Shilumbu, said that while the Ministry did plan to recruit new members into the Namibian Defence Force, as highlighted in the Minister’s budget presentation, the ministry is still in the process of making the necessary arrangements for recruitment and no date has yet been set, nor has the Ministry decided on how many people will be recruited. Shilumbu stressed that information currently circulating on social media is not a valid invitation for applications, and cautioned that those masquerading as NDF recruiting agents and attempting to charge for applications are committing a crime.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised