The National Energy Regulator of South Africa said granting Eskom an electricity tariff hike was a balancing act between the economy, consumers, as well as the utility’s interests. Eyewitness News reports that Nersa announced a 9.61% electricity tariff hike on Thursday. However, Eskom had sought an electricity tariff hike of 20.5%. Nersa Chairperson Nhlanhla Gumede said the tariff increase would come into effect on 1 April for Eskom customers and 1 July for municipal customers.
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho
- Namibia, Botswana border post slows logistics industry