New York-based, The Africa Center, narrative change organisation Africa No Filter, Media Monitoring Africa and the University of Cape Town have joined forces to develop a Global Media Index that will track and measure the way Africa is covered by top global media outlets, including whose voices are being heard, which topics are prioritised, and how they are covered. The Index, they explain, is important as one-third of all African stories in news outlets on the continent are sourced from foreign news services, while global media reports are often criticised for viewing the continent through the lenses of disease, poverty, conflict, corruption, and poor leadership.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho