The National Housing Enterprise has responded to allegations made by the Public Service Union of Namibia that NHE EXCO members are discriminating against employees. The NHE says that it implemented cost cutting measures, including a 50% salary cut on basic salary for all acting positions which was agreed upon with staff members prior to the PSUN press conference. Staff members were also reportedly informed that the cost cutting measures on the acting allowance and other benefits had lifted and the acting policy will be in full compliance. The decision of PSUN to conduct a press conference without informing the employer, they say, is therefore premature and disappointing as this inhibits the fostering of stakeholder’s relationships.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised