The Director of Education in the Erongo Region, Erenfriede Stephanus, says that no learner will be sent home because they do not contribute to school development funds, stressing that while the funds currently allocated to schools by the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture are insufficient, payments are still voluntary and schools should not force parents to pay. She added that schools that are experiencing shortages in development funds should always ask for assistance from their regional directorates. This, the Namibia press agency reports, follows several media reports of schools in northern and central regions turning learners and parents away due to non-payment of school development funds.
- Russian soldier pleads guilty at Kyiv war crimes trial
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially