The Director of Education in the Erongo Region, Erenfriede Stephanus, says that no learner will be sent home because they do not contribute to school development funds, stressing that while the funds currently allocated to schools by the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture are insufficient, payments are still voluntary and schools should not force parents to pay. She added that schools that are experiencing shortages in development funds should always ask for assistance from their regional directorates. This, the Namibia press agency reports, follows several media reports of schools in northern and central regions turning learners and parents away due to non-payment of school development funds.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho