Founding President, Dr Sam Nujoma, has called on the SWAPO Party Women’s Council to transform itself into a formidable force that can be reckoned with over women and children’s matters in Namibia. Nujoma said there is a need for a greater inclusion of women in decision making positions as women in Namibia continue to be victims of sexual and gender-based violence, while young girls are still faced with impediments such as a lack of menstrual products and being subjected to child marriages, which hinders their access to education.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho