A recent Afrobarometer has study found that almost two-thirds (64%) of Namibians are skeptical of the government’s ability to ensure that COVID-19 vaccines are safe and doubt its preparedness for a future public health emergency. The study shows that while a majority of Namibians approve of the government’s overall response to COVID-19, they are critical of inadequate relief and corruption and are skeptical of vaccine safety. The Afrobarometer study shows that vaccine hesitancy is high as most Namibians are still unprotected against COVID-19. More than seven in 10 adult Namibians have not been vaccinated against COVID-19, and a majority of the unvaccinated say they are likely to stay that way.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500