Several opposition leaders have criticized President Hage Geingob’s eighth State of the Nation Address, saying it does not inspire any confidence as far as the dire economic situation Namibians find themselves in is concerned. According to them, Geingob continued to preach – as he has done in the past – futuristic rhetoric while the present situation remains bleak for many, and they instead expected a clear-cut plan on how the government plans to cushion consumers in the face of rising fuel and food prices.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho