Several opposition leaders have criticized President Hage Geingob’s eighth State of the Nation Address, saying it does not inspire any confidence as far as the dire economic situation Namibians find themselves in is concerned. According to them, Geingob continued to preach – as he has done in the past – futuristic rhetoric while the present situation remains bleak for many, and they instead expected a clear-cut plan on how the government plans to cushion consumers in the face of rising fuel and food prices.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500