Residents in the Otavi Constituency will be without electricity for two days due to a faulty transformer supplying power to their households, the Central North Regional Electricity Distributor has announced. The Namibia Press Agency reports that Cenored Public Relations Officer, Charlie Matengu on Thursday said the faulty transformer which belongs to NamPower is situated in the Kombat area. The affected areas include Kombat valley, a NamWater pump station, the NBC transmission tower, the Otavi military base, Otavi four-way filing station, Khorab Lodge, the National Youth Service Reitfontein centre, commercial farms in the area, and farming plots situated between Kombat and Otavi.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho