A livestock distribution programme aimed at empowering small-scale rural farmers in the Otjozondjupa Region was on Thursday launched at Farm Rudenau in the Okahandja Constituency. The Namibia Press Agency reports that the programme, is an initiative of the Otjozondjupa Regional Council, and was officially launched by the Minister of Urban and Rural Development, Erastus Uutoni, who remarked that his ministry has a solid mandate to develop rural areas through the regional councils. He added that Government would like to see the residents of Rudenau creating employment and wealth for themselves through agriculture.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria