There is an uproar on social media over private health group, Mediclinic SA allowing the former apartheid doctor Wouter Basson to practice in their hospitals. This follows a social media post that went viral of Basson’s profile as cardiologist under the group. newsflash reports that Basson led the secret chemical and biological weapon programme, Project Coast, in the apartheid era. Mediclinic says by law independent practitioners cannot be employed by the group. Furthermore, they cannot prohibit Basson from practicing medicine as he is registered with the HPCSA.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria