Nigerian authorities have ordered all cellphone companies to block all phones that are not linked to ID numbers from making outgoing voice calls. Fin24 reports that on Wednesday morning, MTN confirmed that it has complied with the directive – which affects nearly a third of its subscribers in Nigeria, or 20 million people. Nigeria is Africa’s most populous nation and MTN’s largest market.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho