Nigerian authorities have ordered all cellphone companies to block all phones that are not linked to ID numbers from making outgoing voice calls. Fin24 reports that on Wednesday morning, MTN confirmed that it has complied with the directive – which affects nearly a third of its subscribers in Nigeria, or 20 million people. Nigeria is Africa’s most populous nation and MTN’s largest market.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops