Unless African governments can maintain strong networks of community conservation areas, supporting thousands of jobs dedicated to wildlife conservation, protected wildlife areas face a difficult road to recovery with the fear that COVID-19 could reverse 30 years of conservation gains, including communal conservancy programs in multiple countries.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria