The Competition Commission of South Africa has welcomed the decision by the Competition Tribunal to confirm as an order, a consent agreement with Pick n Pay. The order will effectively eliminate exclusive leases in shopping malls in keeping with the recommendations of the grocery retail market inquiry. This, the commission’s Siyabulela Makunga says, after the inquiry found that long-term exclusive lease agreements are widely prevalent in the grocery retail sector and give rise to customer harm.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test