The French Academy of Fine Arts has announced fashion designer Pierre Cardin has died on Tuesday at the age of 98. Cardin who was born in Italy in 1922 but emigrated to France as a small child, died in a hospital in Neuilly in the west of Paris, his family said. Cardin was known for overhauling the fashion industry by successfully licensing his brand name and making savvy business moves.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria