Political violence in Zimbabwe ahead of by-elections in less than a month claimed the life of a Citizens Coalition for Change supporter in President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s hometown of Kwekwe on Sunday, while 22others were admitted to hospital with serious injuries.The AFP news agency reports that at least 16 suspects have been arrested by Zimbabwean police but another suspect wanted for the killing was on the run. The attack came a day after Zanu-PF’s rally in the same town where Vice President Constantino Chiwenga told party supporters that they would crush Chamisa and his party like lice “on a flat stone and then flatten it to the extent that even flies will not even make a meal out of it”.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops