Political violence in Zimbabwe ahead of by-elections in less than a month claimed the life of a Citizens Coalition for Change supporter in President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s hometown of Kwekwe on Sunday, while 22others were admitted to hospital with serious injuries.The AFP news agency reports that at least 16 suspects have been arrested by Zimbabwean police but another suspect wanted for the killing was on the run. The attack came a day after Zanu-PF’s rally in the same town where Vice President Constantino Chiwenga told party supporters that they would crush Chamisa and his party like lice “on a flat stone and then flatten it to the extent that even flies will not even make a meal out of it”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho