Pop culture is the biggest influencer of African youth, according to the Who is influencing Who? The latest report by Africa No Filter investigates Africa’s influence on the world and its influences on African youth. The research interviewed 4500 people aged between 18 and 35 in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Egypt, Uganda, Kenya, Zimbabwe and South Africa. 57% of respondents said pop culture has the biggest influence, followed by the US and Europe (45%), and politicians (31%). Regionally, pop culture had the strongest sway in Kenya (87%) and Zimbabwe, while West African respondents (65%) perceived the US and Europe as more influential.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised