Pope Francis is set to starts a trip on Tuesday to two fragile African nations, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Reuters reports that the trip was scheduled to take place last July but was postponed because Francis was suffering a flare-up of a chronic knee ailment. He still uses a wheelchair and cane but his knee has improved significantly. Francis will stay in the capital, Kinshasa, but will meet there with victims of violence from the east.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised