The Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform has cancelled and recalled all imports and in-transit permits for live poultry, birds and poultry products from the United States of America due to an outbreak of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza. The Ministry explained that the ban affects imports and in transit movement of live poultry, birds, raw poultry products, live ostriches, and raw ostrich products from the USA but that “cooked poultry meat products for commercial purposes from the USA may still be imported”. Consignments containing suspended poultry and their products, whether already packaged or not, will be rejected and sent back to the country of origin or the importers may choose to destroy them at their own costs.
- Another tiger escapes in Western Cape
- SA’s first COVID-19 vaccine ready for trials
- 25 People arrested in connection with sabotage and fraud at Eskom
- Somali government reportedly killed more than 130 fighters from al-Shabab militant group
- Pope Francis to start trip to two fragile African nations on Tuesday