President Hage Geingob, in message delivered to commemorate Cassinga Day said that the “the most befitting manner in which we can honour the memory … and sacrifices of our heroes and heroines is by working hard, in unity, towards the realization of a better Namibia, guided by justice, solidarity and the improvement of our standards of living”. “CassingaDay,” Geingob said, “should remind us about the selfless sacrifices made by our countrymen and women in the course of the struggle for independence,” and that we have a “duty” to “ensure that the aspirations and blood of sons and daughters of Namibia who laid down their lives are not betrayed”.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism