United Nations spokesperson Stephane Dujarric says that a senior UN official had “constructive discussions” in Moscow on facilitating Russian grain and fertiliser exports to global markets and is now in Washington for talks on the same issue “with the key aim of addressing growing global food insecurity”. Al Jazeera meanwhile reports that Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Monday that Russia was ready to facilitate the unhindered export of grain from Ukrainian ports in coordination with Turkey.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid