Private sector credit extension (PSCE) growth increased to 3.1 percent in April 2021 relative to 2.0 percent in March 2021. The rise in the growth rate was explained by a slightly higher uptake of credit by households during the year. Nonetheless, growth in PSCE remains at historically low levels due to the persistent sluggish domestic economic activity, reinforced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test