Chinese President Xi Jinping today said his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin will inject more vitality into China-Russia relations. Xi held talks with Putin in Beijing ahead of the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games opening ceremony scheduled for tonight. Reuters reports that Putin and Xi unveiled a global alliance with an anti-Western tilt, in a striking juxtaposition of politics and sport.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised