The British government has pledged to grow the economy, reduce debt and cut taxes at the state opening of Parliament. The Queen’s Speech, delivered by the Prince of Wales, set out the government’s agenda for the coming year. Prince Charles outlined policies addressing the cost of living crisis and post-Brexit regulation.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops