The British government has pledged to grow the economy, reduce debt and cut taxes at the state opening of Parliament. The Queen’s Speech, delivered by the Prince of Wales, set out the government’s agenda for the coming year. Prince Charles outlined policies addressing the cost of living crisis and post-Brexit regulation.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho