South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has updated the pay scales for the country’s top public office bearers including ministers, deputy ministers, members of Parliament, and their provincial counterparts – something Cosatu’s General Secretary, Bheki Ntshalintshali, told TV news channel eNCA is a slap in the face for ordinary workers who have been denied salary increases by government.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised