In a move seen by insiders as a consolidation of power by the Ramaphosa-aligned faction, the ANC’s national working committee has adopted a proposal to include non-members of the national executive committee as members of the disciplinary sub-committees. City Press reports that the move, which is expected to be finalized at the next NEC meeting scheduled for later this month, also saw individuals whose loyalty to the ANC president was in doubt, including Mildred Oliphant, Bongani Bongo, and Tony Yengeni, being dropped.
- Another tiger escapes in Western Cape
- SA’s first COVID-19 vaccine ready for trials
- 25 People arrested in connection with sabotage and fraud at Eskom
- Somali government reportedly killed more than 130 fighters from al-Shabab militant group
- Pope Francis to start trip to two fragile African nations on Tuesday