Rally for Democracy and Progress leader Mike Kavekotora says the current N$110 million budgetary allocation to the National Assembly is insufficient as it mainly caters for operational costs, explaining that the NA needs an additional N$ 50 million to execute its oversight function. Anything less than that makes the assembly a laughing stock, Kavekotora told the Namibia press agency, at the same time lamenting the fact that at present, only a meagre N$ 29 000 is reserved for the nine parliamentary standing committees of the NA.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised