The International Committee of the Red Cross says there has been a hacking attack on its data servers that compromised confidential information on more than half a million vulnerable people, including those separated from their families due to conflict, migration and disaster, missing persons and their families, and people in detention”. ICRC said the breach targeted an external contractor in Switzerland that stores data for the humanitarian organisation, and there was no indication the information had been publicly shared or leaked, but according to Al Jazeera did not want to speculate about who might be behind the intrusion.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho