The Roads Authority has commented on a video shared on social media regarding flooding of a section of Main Road 28 from Grunau to Seeheim in the Kharas Region. This road forms part of the C12 Tourist route but was formally de-proclaimed in 2014, due to annual flooding and the danger its alignment posed to the public. The road, the RA says, is now a farm road and no longer forms part of Namibia’s national road network. Its only purpose is to provide access to the farmers in the vicinity. After the de-proclamation of the road, the entrance was closed off and all motorists using this route were directed to Grunau via Naute dam to the B4 and the C routes. Thus, motorists are urged to refrain from using this road, especially during the rainy season.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho