NamWater Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Abraham Nehemia has said that even with the development of a new water treatment plant at Rundu, water cuts to the town could continue if the Rundu Town Council does not pay its outstanding debt with NamWater. Nampa reports that Rundu has been experiencing recurring water crises over the past decade, with its debt to NamWater amounting to over N$ 124 million, while residents owe the Rundu Town Council about N$ 300 million in unpaid water bills.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho