Carine Kanimba, the adopted daughter of imprisoned Rwandan opposition figure Paul Rusesabagina, called on President Paul Kagame on Wednesday to release her father, saying his fate was in his hands. This, Africa News reports as according to his relatives, Paul Rusesabagina, whose 25-year prison sentence for “terrorism” was confirmed on appeal on April 4, suffered a stroke in prison a few weeks ago, for which no reliable diagnosis has been made. According to his daughter he is also suffering from severe pain in one of his arms, leading to fears of “a cardiac arrest”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho