A security guard at a Russian gallery was charged with vandalism after he used a ballpoint pen to draw two sets of googly eyes on a painting worth around N$15 million. Business Insider reports that the incident, first reported on by Russian media outlet Art Newspaper Russia, involved the “Three Figures” painting, a piece completed in the 1930s by Soviet artist Anna Leporskaya. The motives of the 60 year-old contract employee are still unknown, but according to the exhibition curator, “the administration believes it was some kind of a lapse in sanity”.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised