Justice and Correctional Services minister Ronald Lamola says South Africa’s extradition treaties with the United Arab Emirates will come into force on the tenth of next month. The treaties, which conclude a ten-year negotiation process open the way for the controversial Gupta family to be extradited to the country. National Prosecuting Authority head Shamila Batohi says this is a positive development, but they have been waiting on outstanding evidence from the UAE for the past three years.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test