South Africa’s Finance Minister, Enoch Godongwana is expected to announce measures to stabilise the debt to GDP ratio when he presents the budget this afternoon. Eyewitness News reports that it comes as the country’s accelerating debt servicing costs continue to be the source of apprehension and anxiety among many sections of South Africa’s society. The 2021 budget review indicated that SA’s government was spending over R269 billion on debt service costs.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency