South Africa’s Constitutional Court has paved the way for the country’s Parliament to continue its impeachment process against Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane. According to eNCA, in a unanimous decision, the court sided with National Assembly Speaker, Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula and the Democratic Alliance. The apex court found that it is permissible to appoint a judge to the independent panel set up to investigate Mkhwebane’s fitness to hold office.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops