South Africa could be considering proposals to scrap Covid testing for fully vaccinated travellers or include rapid antigen tests as an option. Spokesperson Foster Mohale, told Busines Insider though that the debate surrounding testing requirements was not something new and although the department of health had received proposals, the decision to change regulations ultimately rested with the National Coronavirus Command Council. Many in the tourism sector have been pushing hard for a radical change to South Africa’s approach saying that dropping the mandatory requirement for fully vaccinated travellers to undergo a PCR test will go a long way in aiding the sector’s recovery.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho