The latest Q3 debt index from DebtBusters reveals that South African consumers are increasingly using unsecured debt to supplement their declining incomes. On average, those who are financially distressed are spending six out of every ten rands they earn to pay back the debt. DebtBusters’ chief operating officer Benay Sager, one of the positive signs in the data is that consumers are seeking help much sooner than before.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria