The Foundation for Education and Social Justice has applauded South Africa’s Department of Basic Education for its handling of the 2020 academic year and ensuring that learning continued amid a peak in Covid-19 infections. The foundation’s Hendrick Makaneta says the pandemic was certainly not anticipated, but government managed to rise to the occasion and facilitate a safe process of phasing in learners, at the same time though urging the department to be better prepared for the 2021 academic year.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test