Seven suspects were arrested by South Africa’s Hawks on various premises in Gauteng yesterday when a team traced and disrupted a criminal network responsible for large-scale pre-paid electricity fraud and theft. The Hawks’ Philani Nkwalase says that the illegal practice of selling prepaid electricity results in multi-million rand losses to Eskom per annum.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test