South Africans will no longer be required to wear face masks indoors. This, the SABC reports, after the country’s Health Minister Joe Phaahla gazetted a number of changes to Covid-19 regulations. Limitations on gatherings as well as testing and vaccination requirements for visitors to South Africa are also scrapped. SA recorded 1 028 new COVID-19 cases yesterday and has a positivity ratio of 5.3%.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid