South Africa recently gazetted its critical skills list for purposes of immigration, identifying a total of 101 jobs that should – in theory – give qualified foreigners a fast-track to a working visa or permanent residence in SA. Business Insider reports that the country’s department of home affairs has been closing immigration loopholes amid anti-foreigner rhetoric and threats against businesses that employ foreigners. The critical skills list was last updated in 2014, and a new draft list was published in February 2021.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops