South African Government is arguing that AfriForum’s court bid against an R50-million donation to Cuba is premature. Various civil society organizations and South Africans have expressed outrage at the planned aid, given the socio-economic need locally. Cuba is said to be facing chronic shortages of food, fuel, medicine, and electricity. According to lawyers, the international relations department is well within its right to donate the money through its African Renaissance and International Cooperation Fund.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho