South African Government is arguing that AfriForum’s court bid against an R50-million donation to Cuba is premature. Various civil society organizations and South Africans have expressed outrage at the planned aid, given the socio-economic need locally. Cuba is said to be facing chronic shortages of food, fuel, medicine, and electricity. According to lawyers, the international relations department is well within its right to donate the money through its African Renaissance and International Cooperation Fund.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera