Tax Justice SA founder, Yusuf Abramjee says the sale of illicit, tax-evading cigarettes is now open and endemic across South Africa in the wake of the Covid-19 lockdown ban with billions of Rand in unpaid taxes being stolen and the big players having seized control of the mainstream retail supply thereby creating the biggest and most brazen cigarette black market in the world.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test