News24 reports that Western Cape MEC for local government, environmental affairs, and development Anton Bredell has filed an application for leave to appeal a high court order suspending construction of a R4.5 billion project that will house Amazon’s African headquarters. Developer Liesbeek Leisure Properties Trust has already lodged court papers seeking leave to appeal Western Cape Deputy Judge President Patricia Goliath’s ruling last month that the River Club development in Observatory must be halted. The developers were ordered to “consult meaningfully” with the affected parties.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho