Almost R700 million has been allocated to South Africa’s Township and Rural Entrepreneurship Programme which offers financial support to small businesses in the informal economy. The fund, Business Insider reports, offers credit guarantees, loans, grants, and business support services to qualifying township and rural-based enterprises, and is meant to elevate enterprises in the townships and rural areas previously relegated to the second economy to the mainstream economy.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test