South African Police and Intelligence Structure (NatJoints) are on high alert amid threats of a national shutdown on Friday. News24 reports that NatJoints said they were aware of “unsigned messages and posters circulating on various social media platforms calling for a national shutdown”. Police are closely monitoring the situation and law enforcement officers have been deployed “to prevent and combat any forms of criminality”.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised