There was definite political interference in the controversial Vrede dairy farm project, South African Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane said on Monday, adding that her office had referred its latest report into the Free State farming project to the National Prosecuting Authority’s investigative directorate as part of the evidence in the ongoing investigation.Mkhwebane said the evidence she considered to arrive at the conclusion confirmed the presence of people linked to the Gupta family and to politicians. It showed how the project was conceptualised and implemented, saying that, among others, Ace Magashule failed to execute the oversight responsibilities entrusted to him.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test