More than 1,600 road deaths have been recorded over the festive season. This presents a 14% increase from the previous. Transport Minister, Fikile Mbalula released the festive season road traffic statistics for 2021 on Tuesday. The human factor contributed to 79% of fatal crashes, road factors contributed to 11% and vehicle failures contributed to 10%. More than 600 drivers were arrested for speeding over 190KM/H.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho