South African authorities have revoked a nightclub’s permit to sell alcoholic beverages following the deaths of at least 21 people, mostly teenagers, at the establishment. A BBC Southern Africa correspondent reports that the country’s liquor board has said the nightclub owner will face criminal charges after the underage patrons died at the premises. Authorities say there were no visible injuries on the bodies of the deceased and suspect that the deaths could be linked to poisoning.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised